[R-sig-Geo] georectify an image with tiepoints

Josh London josh.london at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 7 23:04:59 CEST 2009

Hello

I trying to work out method for georectifying QuickSCAT sea-ice GIFs
(http://nereids.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/ice.cgi?show=scat). The daily
images are consistent in their layout and include overlayed graticules.
In ArcMap, I create tiepoints at the graticule intersections and
geo-rectify from those. This works, but, these days, I try an avoid
opening ArcMap when I can and I am hoping R can provide a method that
will be easier to batch process and automate.

Any help getting me started or advice from others who have done similar
tasks would be appreciated.

Thanks
josh

--
Josh M. London, PhD

Wildlife Biologist
Polar Ecosystem Program
National Marine Mammal Lab
Alaska Fisheries Science Center, NOAA Fisheries
Seattle, WA

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not
necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.