[R-sig-Geo] R interface to SEXTANTE?

Alexander Brenning brenning at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 6 18:05:25 CEST 2009

Hi Nick,

SEXTANTE and SAGA are very closely related, many of their modules are
identical. So at least the gain in functionality that can be achieved by
interfacing SEXTANTE would probably be small, but maybe you know more
about this.

A SEXTANTE-R interface would be a bit different from SAGA-R because of
different command line interfaces (SEXTANTE uses some scripting language
with Java-type syntax, SAGA the OS command line). But maybe - if the
modules are really identical - this could be solved by replacing the
rsaga.geoprocessor function (and some other low-level functions) in the
RSAGA package and recycling the module front-end functions (like
rsaga.local.morphometry) and help papges. This would save you a lot of time.

I hope this helps
  Alex

http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?More%20about%20SEXTANTE&id=13&type=g