[R-sig-Geo] RPyGeo Query -- probably easy

Alexander Brenning brenning at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 1 19:03:02 CEST 2009

Hi Zev,

the problems are definitely your quotes. First, they are syntactically
incorrect - I count seven double quotes (I recommend using some editor
with syntax highlighting, like Tinn-R or R-WinEdt, this helps discover
mismatches). Second, escaping them (\") should allow you to put double
quotes inside a double-quoted character string.

This might be closer to what you want to do (but I haven't tried to run
it - sorry, busy end of term...):

rpygeo.geoprocessor("makefeaturelayer('X:\\abc.shp','walk')",
     "SelectLayerByAttribute('walk','NEW_SELECTION','\"hrwk05\"<>0')",
     env=myenv)

Note that an additional argument clean.up=FALSE to the
rpygeo.geoprocessor allows you to inspect the Python file to check
whether the quotes are syntactically correct in Python.

I hope this helps
  Alex

--
Alexander Brenning