[R-sig-Geo] Meaning of df1 and df2 in the LMZ.F2GWR.test

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Sep 25 11:56:13 CEST 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Jean-Paul Kibambe Lubamba wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is anyone can explain me how to find the degrees of freedom of OLS
> Residuals, GWR Improvement and GWR Residuals when using the LMZ.F2GWR.test
> ? The result gives df1 and df2 as degrees of freedom and I do not want to
> make the wrong correspondance.
>
> The same with the LMZ.F1GWR.test

Please see the references to the papers, and the GWR book. However, the
references seem muddled, and do presuppose that inference from GWR makes
sense. Wheeler & Tiefelsdorf (2005) undermine that presupposition
(collinearity in local coefficients), so really any inference is very much
done at the users' risk. Recall that GWR is an exploratory tool (only).

Hope this helps,

Roger