[R-sig-Geo] 'spgwr' package citation

Danlin Yu yud at mail.montclair.edu
Thu Sep 18 15:13:35 CEST 2008

Indeed, in a recently publish paper in Environment and Planning B, I
cited the package as following:

Bivand R,Yu D L, 2005, "SPGWR - an R package for geographically weighted
regression'',
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group id=84357&package
id=120594

Another one in a recently submitted paper cite the package as:

Bivand R, Yu D (2007) SPGWR: Geographically weighted regression.
Available online at:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/spgwr_0.4-6.zip
(Accessed June 17,
2008)

The link and time surely need update, but I hope this would help.

Best,
Danlin

Roger Bivand wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Jean-Paul Kibambe Lubamba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Someone could tell me how to cite the 'spgwr' package in a scientific
>> paper ?
>>
>> The command : citation ("pkgname") returns a warning message.
>
> I see:
>
>> citation("spgwr")
> To cite package 'spgwr' in publications use:
>
>   Roger Bivand and Danlin Yu (2008). spgwr: Geographically weighted
>   regression. R package version 0.5-4.
> ATTENTION: This citation information has been auto-generated from the
> package DESCRIPTION file and may need manual editing, see
> 'help("citation")' .
>>

> Is the "ATTENTION: ..." your warning? There are no publications about
> it as such, though it is mentioned in several (in particular in
> several of Danlin's papers) in the course of use. I'll leave it up to
> readers of the Bivand/Pebesma/Gómez-Rubio R-spatial book to see
> whether the section in Ch. 10 might serve, it is pretty short, and the
> book is slowly starting to reach people. The standard citation as
> above is reasonable, because it reflects the actual work put into the
> package itself.
>
> Roger
>

>> Thanks in advance !
>>

>> JP

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072