[R-sig-Geo] Raster analysis using R

Henning Bredel h.bredel at gmx.de
Wed Oct 22 08:43:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if there are some R packages which deal
with analysis functions on raster inputs.

While reading http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html
I've got the impression that the packages mentioned there
do not provide possibilities on doing for example spatial
resampling or reclassification on an input raster file like a
(georeferenced) satallite image.

In the seminar `Geostatistics and Image Analysis' I'm attending
some topics are dealing with the combination of in situ sensor
data and satallite images or aerophoto respectively.

Is there a discussion on the web, how much R can (or should
be able to) handle raster image data and corresponding
raster analysis?

Best regards

  Henning

--