[R-sig-Geo] poly2nb

Danlin Yu danlinyu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 02:20:35 CEST 2008

Raphael:

First, you need to justify why higher orders are needed.

Then, once you've had the first order contiguity matrix, you can "power"
them to higher orders, namely, square the first order matrix, and make
every non-one cell zero, you'll be getting the second order contiguity
matrix.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dr. Danlin Yu

Raphael Saldanha wrote:
> Hi!
> As suggested, I'm using poly2nb to make queen and rook contiguity matrices,
> but all they are first order. How can I work with another orders?
>
> Regards,
>
> Raphael Saldanha
> saldanha.plangeo at gmail.com
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072