[R-sig-Geo] info about package divagis

Michael Denslow mwdenslow at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 16:50:00 CEST 2008

Hello List,

I was hoping that someone on this list might have some more information about the 'divagis' a package.
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/divagis/

The site says that it 'Provides tools for quality checks of georeferenced plant species accessions'. I am very interest in this area and have mostly used Biogeomancer for georeferenceing and error checking of legacy data. I was previously unaware that R had a package that was related to this area. It does not provide examples so I am a bit unclear as to what it is intended to do. Has anyone used it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Michael

Michael Denslow

I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.

-- AND --

Communications Manager
Southeastern Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org