[R-sig-Geo] sp package download problem

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Oct 14 10:11:27 CEST 2008

seyma ozcan wrote:
> Hi,For a week or so I have been trying to download the sp package from cran
> repositories but the web explorer gives error that it couldnt reach the web
> page. please can you help me...because it is very important me to download
> sp for my dissertation...
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hi,

I have just downloaded the sp package from the CRAN mirror in Austria.

Are you running, windows or linux? What cran mirror did you try? Why do
you download it through a website? For windows you can use a menu option
from Rgui to get packages, from Linux you can use the install.packages()
command.

cheers and hth,

Paul

ps Try this link for the windows binary version
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.7/sp_0.9-26.zip
--
Drs. Paul Hiemstra
Department of Physical Geography