[R-sig-Geo] Doubts about kriging (2 part)

GEMA FERNANDEZ-AVILES CALDERON Gema.FAviles at uclm.es
Wed Oct 8 09:22:06 CEST 2008

Hi to everybody:

I would like to thank your suggestions, especially from the following
people.

-          David: very interesting suggestion. We will think about this.

-          Ashton: We have not more monitoring stations.

-          Ruben: Box-Cox problems apart, Why do you choose to elaborate
an index with the observed values using PCA and then kriging the index?

Don't you think that is better to krige every observed variable and then
elaborate the index? Myers (1983) suggests that this last option is
better in terms of MSE. However, in the literature everybody use the
first procedure.

Thanks in advance.

 Best regards,
Gema.