[R-sig-Geo] Regression Kriging

Tomislav Hengl T.Hengl at uva.nl
Thu Nov 27 10:11:27 CET 2008

Dear Pritam,

Please forward us the R code, and, if possible, upload your data to some ftp server.

The coordinate system string of the maps imported to R can be set using:

> data(meuse)
> coordinates(meuse) <- ~x+y
> proj4string(meuse) <- CRS("+init=epsg:28992")

A list of epsg code is available via http://epsg-registry.org

FYI: ILWIS GIS can be also controlled from R (see
http://spatial-analyst.net/wiki/index.php?title=Software#ILWIS_GIS), regression-kriging/universal
kriging you can run from a variety of software
(http://spatial-analyst.net/wiki/index.php?title=Regression-kriging_guide).

Personally, I would go for a combination of R+SAGA (e.g.
http://geomorphometry.org/view_scripts.asp?id=24) to generate maps of large areas.

First try all these combinations and then get back to us once you have a concrete problem with the
code (note that this is an R mailing list, and not an ILWIS mailing list).

I am sure we will find a solution to your problem.

Tom Hengl
http://spatial-analyst.net