[R-sig-Geo] Bug report in Merged module di R+SAGA

Tomislav Hengl T.Hengl at uva.nl
Mon Nov 17 12:09:58 CET 2008

Hi Alessandro,

Please do submit such and similar bugs to Olaf Conrad (the main developer of SAGA). For your
information, the C++ code of SAGA (SAGA 2.0.2 API - Python Interface) is available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/

which means that you could obtain the code and fix the bug yourself.

You could also try using the ILWIS MapGlue command e.g.

> ILWIS <- "C:\\Progra~1\\N52\\SetupIlwis\\IlwisClient.exe -C"
> shell(cmd=paste(ILWIS, "GRID_AB.mpr = MapGlue(GRID_A, GRID_B, replace)"), wait=F)
> shell(cmd=paste(ILWIS, "open GRID_AB.mpr -noask"), wait=F)

This is very flexible as it allows you to take unlimited (?) number of maps and resample them to a
new common grid (something like the mosaicing tool in Erdas Imagine). See also:
http://spatial-analyst.net/ILWIS/htm/ilwisapp/glue_raster_maps_functionality.htm

(I guess that merging of maps is also possible in the GRASS GIS?)

In any case, welcome to world of the open source software!

Tom Hengl
http://spatial-analyst.net/wiki/index.php?title=Software