[R-sig-Geo] updated worldHires available

Alex Deckmyn alex.deckmyn at oma.be
Fri Nov 14 10:19:09 CET 2008

Hi,

I have made an updated version of worldHires in the mapdata package. I
have inserted additional lines and polygons for all new countries from
former Yugoslavia, USSR and Czechoslovakia.

The new polylines are mostly from the UNEP/GRID dataset and in one
instance from GSHHS.

Is there any interest in making this dataset available? I believe UNEP
places no restrictions on the data, and GSHHS is GPL'd.

regards,
Alex

Dr. Alex Deckmyn                   e-mail: alex.deckmyn at oma.be
Royal Meteorological Institute     http://www.meteo.be
Ringlaan 3, 1180 Ukkel, Belgium    tel. (32)(2)3730646