[R-sig-Geo] using gwr

Danlin Yu yud at mail.montclair.edu
Tue Nov 11 15:11:30 CET 2008

I can't read this Brazilian (Portugese :)), but it seems that the
distance calculation is in error (possibly some coordinates were missing
causing distance calculation yield NA/NaN/Inf value), which leads to
distance not being able to calculated.

Like Edzer mentioned, if a sample set of your data is provided, we might
be able to track the source.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Danlin

Edzer Pebesma wrote:
> It is no problem for us to read all this Brazilian (eh, sorry,
> Portugese), but it is hard to reproduce your error without having
> access to your, or similar, data.
> --
> Edzer
>
> Raphael Saldanha wrote:
>> Olá Virgínia!
>>
>> Legal ver brazileiros nessa lista! Vou dar uma olhada no seu problema
>> e lhe
>> escrevo.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Virginia <virginia at dpi.inpe.br> wrote:
>>

>>> I have some questions:
>>>
>>> I got an error. I dont't know why.
>>>
>>> Somebody to help me?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>>  Virginia Ragoni
>>>
>>> require(spgwr)
>>> require(foreign)
>>> x <- read.shape("cidade.shp")
>>> plot(x)
>>> mappolys <- Map2poly1(x,as.character(x$att.data$ID9100),raw=FALSE)
>>>
>>> mapbbs=Map2bbs(x)
>>> mapcents=get.Pcent(x)
>>> tab= x$att.data
>>>
>>> # cálculo da largura da banda
>>> sjc.bw <- gwr.sel((tab$TX_CRESC~tab$LOGDEN),data=tab,coords=mapcents)
>>>
>>> # error -  Erro em spDistsN1(bbox, bbox[2, ], longlat) :
>>> #  NA/NaN/Inf em chamada de função externa (argumento 1)
>>>
>>> sp.gauss  <- gwr((tab$PERIDOSO~tab$PERREN20),data=tab,coords=mapcents,
>>> bandwidth=sjc.bw, hatmatrix=TRUE)

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072