[R-sig-Geo] Ordinary and Regression Kriging combined to deal with missing values in predictor variables

Eelke Folmer E.O.Folmer at rug.nl
Mon May 26 11:54:14 CEST 2008

Thank you Paul,
I did indeed get more advice from Tomislav Hengl, the same as yours. And
given the reliability of the (through kriging) predictions of the auxiliary
variable it indeed makes most sense as you advice also.
Cheers,
Eelke

Tomislav Hengl writes:
I would rather try to extrapolate the predictors (pred1 etc.) and then run
only one model. At least the transition of the values in the final map
will be continuous.

In any case, RK predictions where you do not have values of predictors
will be poor. Only if the regression model is not really significant
(R-square<0.3), then you might rely on the kriging part.