[R-sig-Geo] Dear Friends,

Virgilio Gomez-Rubio v.gomezrubio at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 23 16:17:35 CEST 2008

Dear Rodrigo,

I believe that you can use 'readBin' to read from binary files in R. So
you should be able to read your data with R. Given that you have the
full information about the grid points at which your data was taken, it
should be possible to make a SpatialGrid with this information and put
all the data (grid + covariates) together in a SpatialGridDataFrame.

I am afraid that this may require a bit of programming (not much though)
and that there is probably no specific function to read your data as it
is.

Hope this helps,

Virgilio