[R-sig-Geo] R-sig-Geo Digest, Vol 57, Issue 12

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Thu May 15 22:07:39 CEST 2008

Hi,
It would be difficult but not impossible to bring ggobi to
play here. The biggest issue is, as always, which
event loop is in control, R, GTK, QGIS?
Managing so many layers can be daunting and slow.
There was some discussion on the ggobi list about embedding
ggobi in manifold, which is a commercial package and windows only, and,
IT would be really nice to get a spatial eda application that
incorporates
spatial attributes. Some of the old ArcView-xgobi link code has been
ported into
ggobi as the variogram cloud plugin. I know there is (or was) interest
among
the ggobi developers in getting a spatial application working to allow
brushing
of maps in a linked environment. Anyway I am rambling.

Hope this helps

Nicholas