[R-sig-Geo] convert x,y,z data into a grid

Marcelino de la Cruz marcelino.delacruz at upm.es
Wed May 7 16:08:18 CEST 2008

This would be my way, with kernel smoothing from spatstat function smooth.ppp:

Let's say that "cosa" is a dataframe with three columns x, y and z .

library(rgl)

library(ecespa) # for function "haz.ppp"; it requires (and load)  spatstat

cosa.ppp <- haz.ppp (cosa) # makes ppp object
"easily". You may consider also functions "ppp" or "as.ppp" in spatstat.

cosa.s <- smooth.ppp (cosa.ppp)  #  spatial
smoothing of numeric values observed

cosa.p <- persp.im (cosa.s) # 3D transformation
matrix returned by persp.default

persp3d(cosa.p) # your perspective plot

Regards, Marcelino

Marcelino de la Cruz Rot