[R-sig-Geo] variogram using gstat

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Wed May 7 13:06:58 CEST 2008

Dear Pujan,

Calculating variograms on large datasets is computationally rather
heavy. So maybe R didn't hang but was still busy calculating the
variogram. Run your script overnight (or over the weekend) and see the
next morning if it finished.
I couldn't find an error in your code at first glance.

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey