[R-sig-Geo] Changing colour gradient in Spatstat surface plot

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Thu May 1 04:14:09 CEST 2008

# Rogers suggestion was

library(RColorBrewer)
bl5 <- brewer.pal(5, "Blues")
mypal <- colorRampPalette(bl5)

# but he was saying any method of getting a list of colours is OK
rev(mypal(256))
rainbow(256)
colorRampPalette(c("lightblue","navy"))(256)

# then your example
       library(spatstat)
       data(longleaf)
       Z <- smooth.ppp(longleaf)
       par(mfrow = c(2,2))
       plot(Z)
       plot(Z, col=rev(mypal(256)))
       plot(Z, col = colorRampPalette(c("lightblue","navy"))(256))
       plot(Z, col = rainbow(256))

When Roger noted they were hard-coded he meant that the function
topo.colors and others are standard. Adrian was just pointing out that
his function is not hard coded to those functions and that you can use
any other function.

Tom