[R-sig-Geo] ogr2ogr for converting postGIS layer to shapefile

Murray Richardson murray.richardson at utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 31 20:14:13 CEST 2008

Actually I am currently running an R script to link output from cgal
routines to postGIS which allows me to handle massive tables and has
some other advantages for my problem.  However, this clarifies the
import export option somewhat (although I just learned that I can invoke
ogr2ogr as a system command which would be a faster option I guess.

Thanks for you input.

Murray