[R-sig-Geo] How to check a large neighbourhood matrix?

Oscar Breugelmans Oscar.Breugelmans at rivm.nl
Thu Mar 27 17:23:21 CET 2008

Dear all,

I am working on a neighbourhood matrix of the postal code areas in the
Netherlands. Reading the shapefile and producing the matrix is no problem
(after some help from Roger), but I am not completely confident that all
neighbours are recognized because there are a few polygon boundaries that
are topologically unclean. I have checked the shapefile as closely as
possible, but with 4000 postal code areas this is a hell of a job.
Plotting the matrix in R (using plot.nb) is also not an option because with
so many areas the individual connections are no longer visible. Thus, I
would like to zoom in on parts of the graph to check whether all neighbours
are defined correctly. I searched the web for methods to zoom in and out of
a graph in R, but couldn't find anything.
Does anyone know if there are ways to do this?

Oscar