[R-sig-Geo] Coercing character to image

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jun 24 11:40:42 CEST 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Honey Giroday wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to use save() on a density plot (i.e. an image)
> that takes a long time to generate (using density(x)).  I want to be
> able to use the saved dataset as a covariate in ppm.  However, once my
> image is saved and loaded back in it is a character object instead of an
> image.  I tried using as.im to coerce the object to an image; however, I
> get an error message.
>
> Does anyone have a method for converting a character object to an image
> object?

No, because you have not provided a code example to show what you did
(wrong). Please create an example using a data set included in spatstat,
reproducing your problem. We cannot see over your shoulder. My guess is
that your question is not the right question, because the problem arose
earlier in the workflow.

Roger