[R-sig-Geo] Gridding of data

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Wed Jul 30 11:21:20 CEST 2008

I have a lot of measurements located using GPS projected to UTM. I would prefer to grid those data, i.e. define a grid with e.g. 200m cell size and calculate the average for each cell. Each cell may contain one, zero or many measurements. Another related thing I would like to do is to count for each grid cell how many measurement that falls within that cell

Again, this looks like something that should be fairly easy, if you just know how...

Morten

--
Morten Sickel
Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority