[R-sig-Geo] Normal score transformation

Ashton Shortridge ashton at msu.edu
Tue Jul 8 15:00:12 CEST 2008

Hi Laura,

I've written code to do normal score and back-transforms. Edzer dropped this
code from me last month on this list, but I'll repost.

Normalizing data is extremely simple in R. The back-transform is the
problematic part. Please read the documentation in the file to learn more
about these issues and to help determine if what I wrote is useful for you.

The URL for the normal score code is:
http://www.msu.edu/~ashton/temp/nscore.R

Yours,

Ashton

--
Ashton Shortridge
Associate Professor			ashton at msu.edu
Dept of Geography			http://www.msu.edu/~ashton
235 Geography Building		ph (517) 432-3561
Michigan State University		fx (517) 432-1671