[R-sig-Geo] Select polygons

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Fri Jul 4 16:41:44 CEST 2008

I am reading in a shape file using read.shape() I would like to select some of the polygons in the shape file, depending on data in the att.data ... but for some (probably simple) reason, it doesn't work.

having read the shape file into the object nw, I would believe that

nw2=nw[nw$att.data$FTEMA>0,]

would select those polygons with FTEMA>0 but it give sme the error "incorrect number of dimentions" removing the last , I think I get the selection I wants, but what it returns is no longer a map object...

Any clues anywhere?

--
Morten Sickel
Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority