[R-sig-Geo] spdep 0-4.13

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jan 3 12:56:06 CET 2008

A new release of spdep has been published on CRAN and will spread to a
mirror near you soon. It includes faster sparse matrix computation in
maximum likelihood model fitting, and code for exact global and local
Moran's I tests contributed by Markus Reder.

Please note two issues: spdep now depends on the spam package (another
sparse matrix implementation), so that just updating spdep will not be
enough, and spam needs to be installed too, unless you already have it
(users of the fields package will probably have it if you update
regularly).

The second issue is that the ade4 package is currently unable to load
spdep in functions that need this dependence, because of spdep's new
dependence on spam. We are working on this, and a suggested fix for spam
has been sent to its maintainer. So ade4 users who do not need extra spdep
functionality may choose not to update spdep until this issue has been
resolved.

Please let me know of any difficulties,

Happy New Year!

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no