[R-sig-Geo] normal score and back...

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:38:25 CET 2008

I.ve approximated normal scores with the blom's method:
qnorm((rank(x)-0.375)/(sum(!is.na(x))+0.25))
but back-transormation using approx() doesn't work correctly, maybe
because of decimal values approximations.

Could you suggest me another way (then approx) to interpolate
(linearly) values to do back-t?