[R-sig-Geo] RGB Image Plotting!

Tomislav Hengl hengl at science.uva.nl
Mon Feb 25 14:38:45 CET 2008

If you import the bands/images as integers [0-255], then you can visualize
them using e.g.:

library(colorspace)
library(rgdal)

vismaps = readGDAL("band_R.tif")
vismaps$red = vismaps$band1
vismaps$green = readGDAL("band_G.tif")$band1
vismaps$blue = readGDAL("band_B.tif")$band1

# Display as a RGB image:

RGBimg = SGDF2PCT(vismaps[c("red", "green", "blue")], ncolors=256,
adjust.bands=FALSE)

vismaps$idx <- RGBimg$idx
image(vismaps, "idx", col=RGBimg$ct)

see also http://spatial-analyst.net/VMM/R_whitening.zip