[R-sig-Geo] SpatialPolygonsDataFrame visualization

Mathieu Basille basille at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Feb 12 20:35:05 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm not very familiar with visualization of spatial objects in R,
especially with the possibilities of the spplot function...

I have a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame and I'd like to obtain a map with a
specific scale for each layer (not in the geographic space, but in the
data), instead of the same one for every one. In my case, the layers
represent different variables, not on the same scale (e.g. elevation and
rain).

Additionally, I'd like to represent NA's with a particular color (say
black so that we can see immediately where they occur).

I guess these 2 issues are somehow related, but I didn't manage to solve
them. The help pages of spplot or xyplot didn't really help...

Any hint how to do that?
Thanks in advance,
Mathieu.

 > version
platform       i486-pc-linux-gnu
svn rev        43537
version.string R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
sp: sp_0.9-19

--

                                                 ]