[R-sig-Geo] 'krige' messages in loops

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 18:19:37 CET 2008

Thanks a lot Edzer and James,

Adding 'set = list(debug = 0)' works perfectly. In my case:

'pp.idw <- krige(value~1, locations= loc, newdata= pp.gis.catch, set =
list(debug = 0) )'

Also thanks for the indication about the 'debug.level' parameter of
'krige' function, because I didn't associate the explanation:

'debug.level: debug level, passed to predict.gstat; use -1  to see
progress in percentage'

with presenting the method that is being used for interpolating the values.

Best regards,

Mauricio

2008/12/12 James Nylen <jnylen+rgeo at gmail.com>:
> Adding either of these two arguments to the function call works for me:
>
> set=list(debug=0)
> debug.level=0
>
> The second one was mentioned in ?krige and is probably a little easier to
> remember.
>
> -James
>

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Edzer Pebesma
> <edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de> wrote:
>>
>> Mauricio, please try something along the lines of
>>
>> x = krige(log(zinc)~1, meuse, meuse.grid, set = list(debug = 0))
>>
>> Mauricio Zambrano wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I'm using the 'krige' function of the 'gstat' package for computing
>>> inverse distance interpolated values within a loop.
>>>
>>> So far everything works well, but I would like to know if there is any
>>> way of suppressing the message "[inverse distance weighted
>>> interpolation]" (very useful for single analysis) that appears at the
>>> begining of every analysis ?. I'm asking this because this message
>>> makes difficult to read in which part of the loop is being executed.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Mauricio
>>>

>> --
>> Edzer Pebesma
>> Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Münster
>> Weseler Straße 253, 48151 Münster, Germany. Phone: +49 251
>> 8333081, Fax: +49 251 8339763 http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de/
>> http://www.springer.com/978-0-387-78170-9 e.pebesma at wwu.de

hzambran

Linux user  #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469