[R-sig-Geo] UK, KED or OCK? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jin.Li at ga.gov.au Jin.Li at ga.gov.au
Mon Aug 25 08:34:16 CEST 2008

Hi Edzer,

It is true that demo(cokriging) shows that it is using ordinary cokriging,
but if we examine its formula, it kriges multiple primary variables without
secondary information. The ordinary co-kriging (OCK) I mentioned (such as
those defined in: Goovaerts, 1997. Geostatistics for Natural Resources
Evaluation.) interpolates one primary variable using one or more secondary
variables to improve the estimations. I guess that is the key difference.

In demo(examples), the multivariate kriging as shown in ex11.cmd claims it is
using ordinary cokriging, but it actually has no difference with that in
demo(cokriging), i.e. it kriges multiple primary variables without secondary
information.

I thought multiple kriging in ex10.cmd in demo(examples) was the one I was
after. After a further check, it is the ordinary kriging.  I hope this
explanation is clear enough.

Thanks a lot for any further suggestions.

Best wishes,
Jin