[R-sig-Geo] variogram question

Pilar Tugores Ferra Pilar.Tugores at ba.ieo.es
Thu Aug 21 16:05:38 CEST 2008

I would add Ordinary Least Squares (It may be the same as your SS), Weighted Least Squares, Maximum Likelihood and Restricted Maximum Likelihood.
These four methods are available in the function likfit of the package geoR.
I've been using it a little bit and I think sometimes one method works better than the other one but I don't know the clues for making an a priori decision!

Mª Pilar Tugores Ferrà

Becaria FPI - PhD Student

Acústica de Pesquerías

I.E.O. - Centro Oceanográfico de Baleares

Muelle de Poniente s/n

07015 Palma de Mallorca (España)

Tel.: (34) 971 401561