[R-sig-Geo] variogram question

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Wed Aug 20 23:15:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

There will certainly be situations when the SS method will select an
appropriate model. But there are also situations when it will not make a
well thought over decision. For example if there is not a lot of data on
short range variability the SS method will not be able to fit the model
that shows the appropriate short range behaviour.

You spoke of more sophisticated methods of automatically choosing
between models, what kind of methods did you have in mind?

cheers,
Paul