[R-sig-Geo] sm.sphere

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Aug 19 09:01:21 CEST 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Galkowski, Jan wrote:

> In the sm package, the Description for sm.sphere promises "The angle of
> view may be altered.", and the Value writeup says "... a list containing
> the value of the smoothing parameter and the rotation angles of the
> displayed plot."  Yet, if I invoke this in combinations of TRUE, FALSE
> settings for "hidden" and "sphim", I get a decorated sphere, but no
> controls to rotate it.
>
> Is there something a matter with the implementation for Windows?

Assuming that you run example(sm.sphere), you get the behaviour you
describe. If you then do:

sm.sphere(lat, long, sphim=TRUE, kappa=15, panel=TRUE)

adding panel=TRUE, you should see the control panel. You didn't quote the
command you gave, so perhaps this was what you did - I've only tried on a
Linux platform.

Hope this helps,

Roger