[R-sig-Geo] problem with RSAGA grid_gridding module

ajblist-geo at yahoo.de ajblist-geo at yahoo.de
Mon Aug 18 02:58:15 CEST 2008

Dear Murray,

this seems to be a known bug in SAGA GIS, not in the RSAGA front-end:

http://www.saga-gis.uni-goettingen.de/html/index.php?module=pnForum&func=viewtopic&topic=346

Volker Wiechmann, one of the SAGA developers posted this in response to a user's note:

"I am able to reproduce your error (the shapes in your zip are somewhat
corrupted, but the batch file is ok). The problem arises as soon as you
use a grid system or a grid as final extent/resolution destination. I
had a quick look at the source but could not find something
"suspicious". And I don't have the time to look in detail ... so please
file a bug report on sourceforge.
The module runs fine when you use a user specified extent/resolution.
So maybe this is a workaround for you until the bug is fixed."

The situation described above (grid used as target extent) seems to fit your problem description, so specify a fixed extent and resolution instead as a workaround.

I hope this will help.

Cheers
 Alex