[R-sig-Geo] Map layer

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Thu Aug 14 09:55:58 CEST 2008

Hi Fernando,

If you use the sp classes for spatial data you can use the spplot
function to make very nice plots. See
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2005-2.pdf for more
information on sp. See
http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:spatial-data:import_export
for information on how to import your data into sp-classes.

In regard to your problem with the points outside the map. If your data
is stored in sp objects you can use the overlay() function from the
sp-package to determine which points are outside the polygon, see
?overlay for more details. Those points can be deleted from the
sp-object and they will not appear in the plot.

hth,

Paul

--
Drs. Paul Hiemstra