[R-sig-Geo] gstat error...resolved?

Dave Depew ddepew at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 12 17:27:10 CEST 2008

 > I think I know what the issue is....I have some NA cells in the
prediction grid. trying to do UK with NA cells may be the problem. IS
there a way to exclude these or remove them? I think they are present
due to transect spacing and the short range of the original OK done for
the covariate...

Hi
I'm trying to run some universal kriging, and have not experienced this
error before.
I've removed duplicate data locations using the remove.duplicates
command. The data set runs fine if the formula is set as ordinary
kriging, but adding in a predictor (which is already known at each grid
location)
gives

"lufactor.c", line 207: singular matrix in function m_inverse()
Error in predict.gstat

Any ideas?