[R-sig-Geo] e-Workshop on spatial stats with R: FULL

Virgilio Gomez-Rubio v.gomezrubio at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 18:52:50 CEST 2008

Dear all,

Sorry for any cross-posting. It seems that the e-Workshop on spatial
stats with R has had a high demand and it is now full. Hence, no more
bookings will be accepted. However, see below for other options to
benefit from it.

Best regards,

Virgilio

                                 URGENT

                 e-Workshop on Spatial Statistics in R

                              Spring 2009

Organized by the Worldwide Universities Network Global GISc Academy and
            the RGS/IBG Quantitative Methods Research Group

I regret that we have now filled as many places as we dare allow on the
scheduled workshop on Spatial Statistics in R that was recently
advertised by way of this bulletin. Too many risks too high a load on
the server that we use, not to mention the presenters themselves, and
would spoil things for all concerned, so with regret I will now cease to
take registrations. In setting up the Workshop series I had absolutely
no idea that it would prove to be so popular. I have every confidence
that it will prove a landmark event in the development and application
of spatial methods using R.

Disappointed? There are two possible silver linings to this cloud.
First, we in WUN will record all the Workshop presentations and make
them available for download and playback using the Marratech™ system as
soon as we can after each presentation. You can see what this involves
by visiting our website at

                   www.wun.ac.uk/ggisa/seminars.html

Second, I am already working on a possible repeat a little later in the
year.

Dave Unwin

WUN Global GISc Academy