[R-sig-Geo] question about regression kriging

Tomislav Hengl hengl at science.uva.nl
Wed Apr 9 15:19:39 CEST 2008

Sorry, I meant "UK variance of the interpolated logits".

I guess the solution is to either:

(A)
1. Run 100 SG simulations using logits;
2. Back-transform the values to 0-1 scale;
3. Determine the variance per grid node (now in 0-1 scale).

Running simulations could also be rather time-consuming (I often give up running SG simulations in
gstat with multiple raster maps as predictors -- memory limit problems, too time-consuming).

(B)
1. Determine the upper and lower 1-s confidence intervals -- 2 maps (in logit scale);
2. Back-transform the maps and derive the difference in 0-1 scale (estimation error);

But I guess that a method to directly back-transform the UK variance from logit scale to 0-1 scale
does not exist.

Tom Hengl