[R-sig-Geo] question about regression kriging

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Wed Apr 9 11:05:56 CEST 2008

Edzer,

One assumes a normal distribution of the predictions in every point when
calculating a confidence interval based on the kriged mean and variance.
AFAIK sequential Gaussian simulation doesn't have to yield normally
distributed predictions per point. Therefore can the confidence
intervals based on SGS differ from those based on the kriged mean and
variance. Or am I missing something?

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey