[R-sig-Geo] readVECT6 temporary failure

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Apr 4 11:55:25 CEST 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Facundo Muñoz wrote:

> I correct myself:
> when the directory is clean readVECT6 does the job, but leaving a .shp and a
> .dbf files, who are responsible of the failure in the next readVECT6.
> So the real question would be: why it does leave those trailing files?

The function does try to unlink those files. Are there any spaces in the
names of the files and directories used, are there any non-ASCII
characters in the names? Could you please paste everything you see running
the first time into an email, and attach a screen shot of the terminal
window too - I guess that this is a path or file name question.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no