[R-sig-Geo] extracting data from raster

LOUZAO louzao at cebc.cnrs.fr
Thu Apr 3 16:57:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

I would like to extract data from a raster in R (sst for example) but I
have two queries for you. The sst data is built in a 0.05dg cell size
but I would like to extract the data for a 0.15dg cell size. So,

- First, I need to create an empty grid of 0.15dg. I have done it with
the arcgen () function using the Adehabitat package.
- Second, I need a function to overlap both rasters and extract data
(the median, maximum and minimum) from the 0.05dg raster to the 0.15dg
raster. How could I do that? I have been searching but I have found a
direct function. But I think that it should be done.

Thanks in advance,

Maite

**************************
Maite Louzao Arsuaga
Postdoctoral Researcher

Centre d'Etudes Biologiques de Chizé - CNRS UPR1934
79360 Villiers-en-Bois, France
Tel: +33 (0)5.49.09.35.57
Fax: +33 (0)5.49.09.65.26
http://www.cebc.cnrs.fr/

________ Information from NOD32 ________
This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Servers.
http://www.eset.com