[R-sig-Geo] Exporting the SDF object created in spgwr to ESRI shapefile (shp)

Jay Douillard jay.douillard at ubc.ca
Tue Apr 1 20:41:44 CEST 2008

Hello,

So I have imported a shapefile into R, and ran the gw.cov function. Now I wish to export a sub set of this information back to arcgis for visualization.

1805 variables were created, of which a need 30 or so. I have been trying to just export the SDF with rgdal and writeOGR

writeOGR(gwls$SDF,td, "filename", driver="ESRI Shapefile")

Which results in "Can't parse PROJ.4-style parameter string" is the result

Alternatively I've considered that I could just export a subset of the variables as a dbf, and join it to the original shapefile in arcgis.

My imported object has a "n_code" column that is my key variable for each polygon. Is there a way to carry this through the gw.cov function so the object generated object still has the id column, which would allow an easy textfile (or dbf) export?

Thanks!
and please forgive me inexperience with R and spgwr!