[R-sig-Geo] minimum distance for event locations

Danlin Yu yud at mail.montclair.edu
Tue Sep 18 19:46:21 CEST 2007

Mary:

I would suggest you to take a look at the coordinates of your locations
- it might not be the minimum distance issue allowed in geoR or any
other packages, but due to truncation of decimals, some of the very
close locations might share the same coordinates hence give you such
warnings.

Hope this helps.

Danlin

Sullivan, Mary M wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I got a warning when I requested a posting in geoR, saying that there
> are duplicate locations.  There are some locations that are very
> close...can you tell me what the minimum distance allowed by geoR is for
> processes to run correctly?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Mary Sullivan
>

> marymsullivan at comcast.net
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072