[R-sig-Geo] Chongqing Province is missing in latest China mapdata.

Danlin Yu yud at mail.montclair.edu
Fri Sep 7 17:56:12 CEST 2007

John:

Chongqing is a provincial  municipality, not a province. That said, I
would actually suggest you to find a county map of China (which should
be easily available), and manually identify the counties that now belong
to Chongqing, and dissolve them into the municipality. The rest would be
easy.

Hope this helps,

Best,
Danlin Yu

Baker, John wrote:
> I was able to create a Chinese map using the appropriate libraries (i.e.
> maps and mapdata).  Unfortunately, the Chinese map does not show the
> Chongqing province which was added in 1998.  Does anyone have an idea when
> the china map might be updated - or - any advice on how to update the
> package manually.  In the package, it seems that there are a lot of files
> for china and I'm not sure which ones to update.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> John Baker
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072