[R-sig-Geo] polygon buffers?

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Sep 3 18:42:05 CEST 2007

Hi Agustin

The short answer is not.
However this mechanism in somewhat in the plans
in something we've called temporalilly "myR"
in the sense of R from my application.

The "inners" would use the same mecanism and possibilities are to
add R capabilities in a customized TerraView and/or call R directly.
It has been tested as proof of concept and works
as described in the "papers and presentation" section of the aRT page,
but polish and expend this is necessary:

  A Process and Environment for Embedding The R Software into TerraLib
  P. R. Andrade Neto, P. J. Ribeiro Junior
  GeoInfo 2005 [pdf, 185k] [presentation, 593k]

The email is cc to Pedro, the project maintaner who will be able to
provide more details if necessary

best
P.J.