[R-sig-Geo] polygon buffers?

Tim Keitt tkeitt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 03:45:51 CEST 2007

Hi Peter,

I've been doing this in postgis. Once you get used to it, its not too
difficult. Load data with shp2pgsql (or use rgdal + RODBC or similar
if you want to stay in R) and then create a new table to hold the
results. After that you can do "insert into restab select
buffer(the_geom, dist) from sourcetab" (that's from memory, so check
the postgis docs).

THK