[R-sig-Geo] geoR nugget and coincident locations

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Tue Oct 30 22:02:49 CET 2007

Dear Zev

The warning is really just a warning and not an error...

the point is you may need some data manipulation in order to run the
analysis you anty.

Firts of all the fact you have duplicated information in (some) locations
may give you the opportunity to split you negget parameter estimate in
measurement error and micro-scale variation.
One possibility to compute the former using the duplicated data (locations
as "blocks" and subtract this from the nugget. The difference givesyouy
the latter.
You can them use thei information when kriging with krige.conv()

hope this helps, otherwise contact me again for further details

best

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratório de Estatística e Geoinformação)
Universidade Federal do Paraná
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990
Curitiba, PR  -  Brasil