[R-sig-Geo] About Insightful's S-Plus "SpatialStats" package

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Oct 30 08:27:53 CET 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Recently Insightful's S-Plus library has been ported to R
> package.
>
> However "SpatialStats" package still not yet.

Insightful have added R-style packages to S-Plus, so that R contributed
packages can be built for S-Plus, rather than the other way round. There
may be interest in providing some R-spatial packages for S-Plus; sp and
gstat have been built for S-Plus in the past. I am not aware of Insightful
considering releasing the SpatialStats module in other forms.

> Does Anyone know whether Insightful people will open
> their spatial package including MA function(spdep not
> supported) etc

spautolm() now has MA support, thanks to a generous contribution by Jielai
Ma, family="SMA", but for obvious reasons, no sparse matrix support, so
only for up to moderate numbers of observations (say 1500+). "CAR" and
"SAR" can be used with sparse matrix methods.

Best wishes,

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no